Friday, March 1, 2013

SOME FAVORITES FROM


the past two days of Paris Fashion Week:




Balenciaga FW13

One of (if not the most) anticipated show of the season, post Wang takeover. The mostly black + white collection delivered in silhouette, structure + respect for the houses' archives. Even Cathy Horyn found positive words for Wang, "The New York designer can certainly build on these clothes for next season, adding color and maybe more decoration, but if he continues to strike that modern balance between couture and the street, he will renew a great name — and win over doubters." 
I love the shape + texture of the cracked paint knit and the velvet/lace pant + fox hair jacket combo. Would do some seriously bizarre things for those pants ...





Isabel Marant FW13

I can't help it, luh me some Marant.
She stuck (for the most part) to solids for this season in cream, navy + black. The signature laid-back layers once again redefine what effortless looks like. A quick shoutout for the booties everyone and their mother will be wearing next year. The monotone cream looks, the cut out knits + jackets are so Cali cool. As a pants chick I'm hardcore crushing on these denim with leather accents and the relaxed pair with the perfect studded belt. True life: I Mawant everything.




Maison Martin Margiela FW13

In the middle of my oversize phase + Margiela is giving me large and in charge (I mean. Check out these sleeves.) Loving these wide-legs with the paint stripes down the sides + the full pinstripe look. I just wanna drown myself in this chunky knit with the huge elbow detail. Deal with it.


Rick Owens FW13

The theme of his fall collection was "battle-scarred heroism". Ain't nobody got time for battle with homegirl with the collar up to her forehead. The insane collar look falls to close second favorite behind this superhero-shearling-vest situation. I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
pinterest-73903.html