Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WONDER WHERE WE LAND


There are few things I love more than fall in NY.
Cheesing around this city + currently crushing on:
le usual, a mix of sportswear mixed in with tailored menswear pieces:
absolutely loved Public School's Spring collection, and have it heavy on my mind when I'm getting ready every morning, (cuts down on how long it takes to get ready... the PS-NY woman is a no-fuss, minimal, bossy beeyotch.)

finding it hard to listen to anything but the Childish mixtape right now - from start to finish, the samples on this thing are craaazy (!) such late 90s - early 2000s vibes. so good.

so many 10s on SBTRKT's Wonder Where We Land with all my favorites:
Sampha, Jessie Ware, Raury + my new love: Denai Moore

if you know me, you know I'm an ENORMOUS Erykah Badu fan.
I was so excited when she was first announced as the new face of Givenchy, and love to see her relationship with Tisci grow. She is such a constant inspiration not only aesthetically but spiritually - I could listen to Badu interviews all day !

EB: "But art is art to me. There's nothing new about cross-pollination in art to me because it's all one thing: an expression of who I am. I've always directed all of my videos and been in total control of my image. I write all of the lyrics, stage and produce all of the shows. It's something that comes very naturally to me. It's therapy. It makes me feel awesome, happy, centered and balanced when I can turn out some piece of art -- whether the world sees it or not. It's what keeps me going and breathing." 
- ERYKAH BADU IS FASHION'S MOST IMPORTANT NONCONFORMIST, Paper Magazine

Erykah Badu & Riccardo Tisci for Paper Magazine October 2014

Erykah Badu & Riccardo Tisci for Paper Magazine October 2014

Erykah Badu & Riccardo Tisci for Paper Magazine October 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
pinterest-73903.html