Wednesday, December 10, 2014

ROBERTS x GIVENCHY


Julia Roberts by Mert & Marcus for Givenchy Spring 2015


Power in a power suit.
Another strong campaign from Tisci who keeps winning/casting all my favorite icons (!)
So, so in love with this image and the message behind it:
" It was a very pure message. Very black and white. A powerful woman, with sex appeal but at the same time with masculinity, which is my style. And I wanted an honest campaign.
It was quite strong. She was very professional. Sometimes you shoot someone who’s so popular, you try to make it glam, but I really wanted her the way she arrived: black jacket, men’s shirt, jeans, which is really what we have in common. No hair, no makeup. I said to her, “Because your smile is so beautiful and everybody knows you for that, I think it should be no smile,” and she was really cool. She said we should go for it.  
[On going with the no-makeup look:] She saw the first picture and she liked it, she said because “I can see myself, my real self.” Which was the concept, not to try to make her glamorous.  
Today, celebrity has become so much [about] how many followers you have, how big you are on Facebook. For me, she represents a pure talent and a pure beauty. So many celebrities are celebrities today not because of their talent. That’s fine, it’s the moment today. But she’s an iconic actress.
I really like strong women. And Julia is a strong woman. So it’s not about fame. If it was about fame, I could have friends of mine who I really love [do it]. It’s more about the [model’s] strength as a woman, strength as a man. It’s always very difficult to find a strong man. It’s much easier to find a strong woman.  "
SOURCE: STYLE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
pinterest-73903.html